27 June 2012

Baby Cornett

For those of you who do not already know...Matthew and I are expecting again! We are so thankful for this undeserved and unpromised blessing from God. We found out we were expecting 1 week after we got our sweet little puppy, Jasper! The first few weeks were a rather nervous time for me. God did provide us with a lot of peace during those few weeks as well, but there was still some fear in me. We got to have an ultrasound at 7.5 weeks and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. All day before the appointment I was completely at peace and knew that everything was okay with our growing baby, but then right as the baby appeared on the screen I was overwhelmed with a fear that there was not going to be a heartbeat. So, when Major Trump told us she saw the little flutter of the heart, I didn't believe her at first. But then, of course, cried once she let us listen to that little heart beating!

This announcement has been one that has taken a lot of time, thought, and consideration for me. Since we have been through two miscarriages and have felt the fear of the possibility of never having a healthy pregnancy, we have developed some close relationships with other couples who are dealing with the same thing. Because of those close relationships that we have formed, this announcement is one that is, in many ways, difficult to make. We are aware that God never promised to give us a healthy pregnancy. God never promised to give us this blessing. We are sinners and deserve nothing but death. Therefore, each and every blessing in our lives is just that. A blessing. We are thankful that God has given this to us and will continue to pray for our dear friends who long for this as well.






Matthew and I are so excited about this little one and feel so overwhelmed by this blessing!
There will be no announcements or updates on Facebook through this pregnancy. 
So check back here (or call me) if you want an update! :)


12 comments:

Sydni said...

So happy for you guys!!! It is a very precious time. You are beautiful.

Amy said...

Wonderful... I actually gasped out loud when I saw this... and then cried a tear. :) So happy for you and praying for you and your precious baby that is growing. Beautiful post.

Krystal said...

So happy for you and LOVE belly shots of you my sweet! So keep those coming on your blog :) Love you, Matt & Sarah.

Jackie: said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you two! Awesome!

Jaci said...

You are adorable. So happy for you guys!

The Rouse House said...

Such a precious post... Congratulations!

Jessica said...

What a wonderful gift God HAS decided to give you two! Praying many more blessings on you during this exciting time. :) We are so happy for you!!!!

bernitasheets1955 said...

Yea! Yay! Wow! Amazing! Awesome!

Elliott and Cherry Wood said...

GREAT news!! So excited for you guys. We'll be praying for a healthy baby and pregnancy (for you!) much love!

Meagan said...

Congratulations! So happy for you!

TKP said...

So happy for you three!!!! Also, I would love to catch up via phone. Send me an email or message on FB and we'll chat!

Ashley Tran said...

I have not been to your blog in awhile...way too long obviously!!! Congratulations on your beautiful daughter! So happy for you and your husband! What a blessing!!!

Little Rock 10k and Half Marathon

 We say that we were going to Little Rock for the 10k and the half marathon races, but in reality, that is not entirely true. We used the ra...