18 June 2007

6 Months



In Abilene the roof of my house was my escape. I went there to think. I went there to cry. I went there to study. It was a place where I felt like no one was watching me, no one was judging me, no one was feeling sorry for me, no one was expecting anything of me, no one was worrying about me...I felt closest to God there....and closest to Ty....it is like the rest of the world just faded into the background and I could just be me. I have not really found my place of escape here in Lubbock yet...

Yesterday was the 6 month anniversary of Ty's death. I really didn't expect it to be any different than any other day because every day is hard...but it was a very hard day. It is going to be a long emotional road. It is going to be a lifetime of memories, some sad, some happy. And it will be a lifetime of days like today where I miss him so much my heart literally hurts inside of me. I know that I have days where I struggle with trusting God with the future...but I just realize that if I am still breathing, walking, talking, and at times, living after Ty's death, than I can get through anything....and I know that it is only the grace of God that allows me to continue on.

6 comments:

TKP said...

Sarah, I love you so much. Know that you still have my prayers.

TKP said...

Hey, I hope your missions trip will be amazing!

Shannon Burton said...

Hey girl. My heart is aching with you right now. Know that I love you so much. You are such a sweet, dear person in my life. I am praying for you as you settle into life in Lubbock. Hang in there...and keep fighting.

Jaci said...

love you

Kate said...

I know you will find your place in Lubbock to escape and sit at God's feet. I've been thinking about Tyler especially this week because it was a year ago we were on Trek and I have so many good memories of him on that trip. You're always in my prayers. I'm thankful to know you and call you a friend. You have a sensitive, compassionate spirit. Love you.

Kara said...

i love that pic of ty.

Little Rock 10k and Half Marathon

 We say that we were going to Little Rock for the 10k and the half marathon races, but in reality, that is not entirely true. We used the ra...