


This weekend was Border Town Days in Papa's home town, Farwell. It is tradition for the whole family to go every year. Usually on Friday night there is a barn dance. Then on Saturday morning there is a parade. Grandaddy always helps out with the cookout/barbecue in the park in the afternoon. All throughout the park there are booth's set up selling homemade arts and crafts, ice cream and pies. There is also a talent show with an open microphone giving many people the opportunity to sing (this can be good and bad...). Later in the day there is a volleyball tournament (they didn't have it this year for some reason). Then on Sunday we play in the annual Sheets vs. Mayfield softball game and eat hotdogs and drink cokes (didn't get to do this this year either).
Last year at the barn dance I remember so clearly how Zach and Tyler danced to the song from the movie Hitch. I wish so badly that we had gotten it on video...because it was hilarious! It always made me laugh so hard when he would dance to it. Tyler possessed such a wide array of behaviors. He was quiet and serious at times. Then the next minute he would be joking, laughing and passionate. But no matter what he did you could see deep in his eyes the love that he had for making people laugh/smile/happy. Even though sometimes he was kind of shy he was also confident so anytime that song came on we would beg him to do the dance and he would always oblige.
I am always thinking about Ty. I always want to be talking about him. And I want to learn to write about him and tell stories about him because I want those who never knew him to get a tiny glimpse of him. Of his heart, his willingness to learn, his passion for people, his joy for life, his desire to serve, and his humility before God. As I have said before...putting him into words is simply impossible...but I am still going to try on occasion because he is so worth knowing and talking about.
5 comments:
You are doing a wonderful job of keeping Tyler's memory alive and letting people who never even met him get to know him. Thank you for that, Sarah.
I don't remember Tyler all that well. But all the things I do remember are just how you described. I remember he was so caring and fun. And always smiling...
...praying for you.
Amy
it's hard to put Tyler into words. you have done a great job with this post. love you.
i missed the Hitch dance this year! that is one of my favorite memories of Ty.
Sarah - I just found your blog. I am so glad I did. What a great Tyler story. I hunger to hear more. Although we knew Tyler we never really knew him like all of you. He always seemed somewhat mysterious and shy to me. But I always loved to see that smile. You just knew he was a deeply happy person.
Post a Comment