19 February 2009

Goldfish and Haircuts

This is a picture of Tyler. He wanted to hold all the birds for a picture so that it would look like he shot them all.


It's unexpected how when someone is gone you miss even the smallest things. Like your little brother stealing your goldfish. I remember we went to see “The Pursuit of Happyness” at the theater two days before Tyler died. We went to the grocery store before the movie and we all bought whatever snacks we wanted to have during the movie (yes…we snuck them into the movie). I got goldfish as my snack and Tyler was sitting to my left during the movie. Not even ten minutes into the movie Ty began stealing goldfish from me and I got annoyed with him. But he of course, within a few minutes he had me laughing and no longer annoyed with him. I remember it was so hard to stay mad or annoyed with him…even when he was really being annoying! I miss him stealing my food...he was always stealing someone's food.

Another random memory. When I was cutting Matthew's hair the other night it reminded me of the days when I used to cut Landon and Tyler's hair. I started cutting their hair when we lived in Kansas. So I was 15, Landon was 13, and Tyler was 11. Landon kept letting me cut his hair up through college...but Tyler, at about the age of 14 or 15 quit letting me cut his hair...because he started cutting his own. He loved to do things in his own unique way.

3 comments:

Candy said...

I spent the morning with your mom and dad. I love days like this. Great post, Sarah. I always know it's going to be a special one when I click over and there's Tyler. Did you know I cut Geoff's hair?? Of course, it's not that big a challenge...

bernitasheets1955 said...

I miss you and can't wait to see you. I think i will try to call you. I miss Tyler too.........

Sarah Cornett said...

haha. i didn't know you cut geoff's hair. i miss cutting landon and tyler's hair. glad you got to spend the morning with my parents. i miss those mornings in Abilene. ...good to talk to you today mom! love both of you!

Little Rock 10k and Half Marathon

 We say that we were going to Little Rock for the 10k and the half marathon races, but in reality, that is not entirely true. We used the ra...