Just before Matthew left we went hiking with some friends of ours. We hiked a trail south of Anchorage called Falls Creek Trail. The trail itself was pretty muddy and there was still snow at times. We actually were unable to even make it to the peak because there was an avalanche in the way. It was great to get to go out and enjoy this spring/summer weather before he left!
We had a "date day" the day before he left. He was supposed to have to work that day...but thankfully ended up being off. So, we got to spend that whole day hanging out. We went shopping, sat at Starbuck's and drank coffee, went to eat at Red Robin (one of our favorites), and went to see a movie.
3 comments:
Hi!
I am a little bit of a blog stalker. I went to ACU and I think we had our speech class together like a million years ago. Anyway, I found your blog through Kara.
My husband was in the Navy and always gone. I know how you are feeling. This is my experience with deployments.
The first month is the hardest. But you get used to it, I know that sounds awful but you just do. You kinda forget what living with someone feels like. And then the Last couple of weeks are torture. I would always get nervous, because by the time they got home I had forgotten his hugs, his smell, his voice.
Rely on the military wives, they will be lonely too.
Hope my uninvited advice helps. Sorry to be so nosey.
I hope that this time goes by quickly for you, and that your sweet husband is brought back home safe and sound!
I know you must miss him like crazy! I am praying for you during this season where yall are apart. I know God will have some surprises for you. Love you!
Post a Comment