13 August 2009

Since I've Been Home

Devin and Sarah arrived in Alaska while I was in Guam. They moved here from Arizona. They were friends of Matt and mine when we lived there. And I have thoroughly enjoyed having them here. They are living with me until Matthew gets home, and I am so thankful that they are. Since they have been here we have been on a couple of hikes. Here are a few pictures from those hikes:

This was taken when Sarah and Devin and I hiked Rendezvous. It was their first hike in Alaska! :)

Us wishing that Matthew was with us. Only 34 more days until he is home!!!!

The beautiful view of Anchorage.

Sarah using the correct binocular technique. :)

The view of the Eagle River valley on the other side of the peak.


Then Sarah and I hiked Flat Top with Anna and Megan on Wednesday morning. It was a little windy that day...but otherwise a great hike.




Sarah and me with the view of Anchorage in the background.


How beautiful is that?!!

These pictures are actually in reverse order. This was the view as soon as we arrived at the trailhead.
Sarah and me taking a water and picture break! :)
Sarah, Anna, Megan enjoying the view.

1 comment:

Candy said...

I always love when you post pictures! It's so beautiful there. I'm also very glad you have company. Loved the one with your arm around Matthew. so sweet!

Little Rock 10k and Half Marathon

 We say that we were going to Little Rock for the 10k and the half marathon races, but in reality, that is not entirely true. We used the ra...