29 November 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We were not able to be with our family in Texas or Georgia, which was definitely a bummer. But, we still had a great holiday and weekend! Matthew and I hosted the Thanksgiving meal at our house. Twelve people came over toe celebrate with us. Jen, Anna, Sarah and I all cooked and brought food, so we had 4 cooks which was wonderful to get all the cooking done! I missed cooking with all my family so much, but we had a full house here which was wonderful! And then Matthew, Devin, Josh and Ryan smoked one turkey and fried 2 turkeys. I think we ended up with enough food for about fifty people! We just ate, watched football, played games, drank hot chocolate, sat by the fire, slept on the living room floor and watched Lord of the Rings all day. Even though we were sad to not get to be with our families we were so blessed to get to spend the holiday with some great friends here in Alaska. PLUS, we got a total of about 12 inches of beautiful snow over the weekend. We love Alaska! :)
The delicious appetizers. I definitely ate way to much!

The table.

Getting all the food ready!

Washing the HUGE pan we used to make the mashed potatoes!

Sarah and I.

Matthew, Josh and Devin carving the 3 turkeys for the Thanksgiving feast.

Sweet little Hailey needed a little nap and I was more than happy to hold her while she slept. I miss having little ones around.

Everyone trying to get up the energy to move to the couch after eating.

Hailey, Matthew, Ryan, Josh and Anna enjoying some pie and football.

Josh, Devin and Ryan after the Thanksgiving meal.

Everyone lounging around after eating.

Matthew taking a little break from smoking the turkey to watch a little football.

Jen reading to Hailey and Ariana.

Matt reading a book to Hailey and Ariana.

The view of all the beautiful snow.

Hailey and Jen doing a little sledding in the backyard.

Sarah trying out snowboarding in the backyard. Hopefully this weekend we'll get to take her to Alyeska to learn to board for real!

Matt and me.

Sarah going down the sled hill in our backyard for the first time.


Jen, Hailey, and Ryan.

Cute little Hailey.

Hailey and Jen.

Matt warming Haileys hands and feet up after playing in the snow.

Matt and me.

Sarah and Devin.

Matt and me.


3 comments:

Candy said...

It looks like you made the most of your day and had a lot of fun. The pictures are amazing. I think Alaska looks like an incredible place to live. You and Matt look so happy. That's an answer to prayer right there! He's home!! Love you!

bernitasheets1955 said...

The pictures are great but I have to ask... 3 turkeys wow you guys are impressive. :) I am glad you have great friends and a wonderful husband.

Shannon Burton said...

What fun! And I love all the pics. Can't wait to come visit one of these days! Loved being with you in Guatemala...

Little Rock 10k and Half Marathon

 We say that we were going to Little Rock for the 10k and the half marathon races, but in reality, that is not entirely true. We used the ra...