25 August 2010

Looong Overdue Sheets Family Vacation

Most of my family got to come up in June for a visit. Nate, Heather and Chris were the only one's that couldn't come. Originally Terah and Colton weren't going to get to come...but they ended up surprising me and showing up! We went down to Homer, AK and stayed in a house we rented there. And we went on a halibut charter fishing trip while there!

Gini, Ben and Shelley

The girls

Cori, Shelley and Gini chowing down in the back seat on the drive to Homer.

Auntie Shaggs and Levi. He loves to stick his tongue out for pictures!

Aunt Jojo and Levi

Group picture.



Uncle Matt and Will

Landon, Whit and little PJ

Aunt Gini and Levi

Zach, Kara and Will on the boat headed out to go fishing.

Matt and Zach reeling in their first halibut!

Will doing some halibut fishing.

Landon. Serious about that fishing. And wearing Ty's hat. Tyler would have loved this trip.

Zach, Kara, Will and Cori

Levi keeping an eye out for any whales, dolphins or sea otters.

Zach. Reeling in halibut is really fun!

Go Whit. You can do it!

Kara, Will and Zach taking a break inside to warm up.

Papa pointing out some wildlife or a boat to Levi. Levi loved seeing all the boats!

Me and Mama. Mama is an excellent halibut fisherman!

Ben and Landon being tough in the cold weather.

I was the first one to keep one of the halibut I caught. It wasn't that big...but I wanted to keep it anyway.

Ben caught a huge one!

Matt did too! :)

Gini waiting on a bite.

And she caught one!

Papa caught a rock fish. They are REALLY ugly little fish. But they are fun to catch because they are fighters!

Kara and her halibut.

Will, Kara, Zach and Levi


Landon and his halibut.
Uncle Ben, Levi and I taking a lunch break.

Cori and her halibut

Shelley, Cori and Gini being silly.

Ben and his halibut.

Another group shot.

Shelley and her halibut

Me and Matt

Landon and Shelley doing some fishing from the shore after the halibut charter.

Papa helping Cori get her reel reading for fishing.

The onlookers.

Another group picture...minus Matt. He had to go back to Anchorage for work.

Zach, Will, Levi and Kara.

Gini, Shelley and Terah laughing at Colton as he likes to walk with his body moving faster than his feet!

Cutest 1 year old I know!!

Colton and Terah. She is a great mom! Can't wait for the next little one to arrive in February!

Papa and Shelley

Papa and Mama.

We had a great visit. I am so thankful that my family took the time to come up here to see Matt and I. We love it here! ...But it makes it so much more special when we get to share it with family!!

5 comments:

erin f. said...

Great pictures! Looks like you all had a good time.

Meagan said...

So fun! I love that everyone caught a fish & that your dad's was so small. Hope he is doing much better. You are such a good photographer!

Matthew and Jessica Green said...

Just added your blog to my blogroll:) Thanks for reading my story...it is strange that so many people don't know what happened...I guess because it is fresh on my mind daily. Makes me think of your family...and the great sadness that you guys have had to go through. I can't imagine...it looks like the Lord has shown His face on you guys though. What a fun famliy trip to visit you guys! Hope you are enjoying the ER...you made me kind of miss those nice slow days! I wasn't a huge fan of the busy, trauma filled ones:)

Carolyn Pearcy in Alabama said...

Oh wow sarah the blog is awesome. Thanks for sharing and spending time to do this. I miss you so much, thanks for being a friend. (By the way so does that mean you'll share moose with your fish sharing friends?)

Jackie: said...

So glad your family got to come up! What a great adventure all around, for everyone!

Little Rock 10k and Half Marathon

 We say that we were going to Little Rock for the 10k and the half marathon races, but in reality, that is not entirely true. We used the ra...