27 January 2011

Your Love is Strong

Tonight I went to the Trinity Christian High School talent show with my family. Trinity is the school that my younger siblings attend here in Lubbock, TX and it is spirit week at their school so there are lots of activities to attend and this was on of them. Man, that school has some very talented musicians! One of the kids played and sang a song called "Your Love is Strong" by Jon Foreman. I am sure some of you have heard it, but I had not. It really struck me, so I thought I would share the lyrics. And if you get a chance you should listen to the song.

Heavenly Father
You always amaze me, Let your kingdom come
In my world and in my life, You give me the food I need
To live through the day, And forgive me as I forgive
The people that wronged me, Lead me far from temptation
Deliver me from the evil one, I look out the window
the birds are composing, Not a note is out of tune
Or out of place, I look at the meadow
And stare at the flowers, Better dressed then any girl
On her wedding day, So why do I worry?
Why do I freak out, God knows what I need
You know what I need
Your love is
Your love is
Your love is strong
The kingdom of the heavens, Is now advancing
Invade my heart, Invade this broke town
The kingdom of the heavens, Is buried treasure
Will you sell yourself, to buy the one you've found?
Two things you told me, That you are strong
And you love me, Yes, you love me. 

Definitely lyrics that speak deep into the depths of my soul during this time in my life. 
They are just what I needed to hear.

“The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” ~Deuteronomy 31:8

1 comment:

Krystal said...

I've been missing your posts and I love this one! Those lyrics are awesome...I need to look up that song now. :)

Little Rock 10k and Half Marathon

 We say that we were going to Little Rock for the 10k and the half marathon races, but in reality, that is not entirely true. We used the ra...