25 June 2011

8 Flowers for 8 Days

My thoughtful husband. It is crazy how each time he is gone it is different. Sometimes the short little stints when he is gone are harder then the deployments. Especially if they are unexpected. So, Monday before last Matt came home from work and told me that he was leaving the next morning and that he would be gone until July. Him being gone this time was really tough for the first few days because I had NO time to mentally and emotionally prepare for it. I have decided that I highly dislike him being gone. I dislike it no matter how long it is for. But, when I don't have time to prepare, it can make it harder. So, my very sweet husband knew that I was missing him like crazy. When I arrived home from running around and photo shoots yesterday, I found these lovely things (along with a large box of chocolates) on my doorstep. He gave be eight roses for the eight more days that it would be until he came home. I love this guy. He knows exactly what to do to make me smile. AND, he is a Godly leader, a patient husband and my best friend. I am so thankful that God chose me to be his wife.

Little Rock 10k and Half Marathon

 We say that we were going to Little Rock for the 10k and the half marathon races, but in reality, that is not entirely true. We used the ra...