07 September 2011

Faith Like a Child

Back in July when Matt and I found out we were pregnant, we video chatted with our friends Ryan, Jen and their daughter, Hailey. We told them that we were pregnant. To explain it to Hailey, Jen told her that I had a baby in my tummy. Today Jen told me that the other day Hailey asked her about the baby in my tummy (Hailey is 2 years old, I cannot believe she even remembered!!). Jen told her that I did not have a baby in my tummy anymore, and Hailey said, "but on the phone Aunt Jo Jo had a baby in her tummy".... Jen was trying to explain to Hailey that we lost the baby. And Hailey asked if Uncle Matt took the baby :) Jen then told her that the baby was in heaven with God. And Hailey immediately asked if Jesus was holding the baby. Jen told her that He absolutely was. I was so thankful that Jen shared this story with me. It was so sweet and I just wanted to share. I also hope that Tyler is holding Matthew and my two sweet babies there in heaven.

"Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, for I know that through your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. I will eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death." -Philippians 1:18a-20 

6 comments:

Sydni said...

Have you read 'Heaven is For Real'? It is so great (in my opinion). Really touching about miscarried babies. I love your pictures so much, I love you. Hang in there... life is so hard sometimes...

Courtney Elizabeth said...

Awww, how sweet. It brought tears to my eyes. What a sweet reminder of God's love and His promise of a new life in heaven!

Krystal said...

What a sweet girl!

Lacy Hassler said...

Sarah,
I have been reading your blog lately. I have thought of you so often and have lifted you up in prayer. I know I haven't seen you in so long... but know that I care for you! And know that you do reflect God's glory in your everyday life- in countless ways. You are an encouragement to me.

Marianke said...

That is just too sweet and what a great story to share! Thank you for sharing this with us. I know for sure that your babies (and ours) are in heaven and that Jesus is holding them :). Big hugs,

Marianke

JeremyNSunny said...

Sarah, dear, I read your blog, but almost never post comments. However, learning of your second miscarriage makes the words just need to pour out to you. I am so so so sorry you are enduring these trials, but I'm equally thankful that you are taking refuge in the Lord. May He continue to uphold and strengthen you for whatever your future holds.

It's a joy to see the beautiful pictures you share on your blog, and hear the faith-building stories you relate so well. It feels kinda silly that even tho' I've never met Matthew, to want to just hug him(!) because of the blessing he is to you. ;)

You are precious and wonderful. Keep shining Jesus's light in this dark world, sweet cousin! Love & miss you.

Little Rock 10k and Half Marathon

 We say that we were going to Little Rock for the 10k and the half marathon races, but in reality, that is not entirely true. We used the ra...