23 December 2011

Got Snow?

Over the last few weeks we have been thinking we might not get to have a white Christmas. I know. In Alaska, we were concerned about this??! But it's true. It has been snowing and then the next day getting really warm (high 30's, low 40's) and getting super windy and blowing/melting all the snow away! I was always so disappointed to see the snow go. Not only because I like having snow around, but also because I don't like the wind and everything being melty all the time made for not so great road conditions.

I love the snow! Today we woke up to LOTS of snow. We got at least a foot at our house last night. So, today I am listening to Christmas music, baking bread, making maple-pumpkin cheese cake, cinnamon rolls and other goodies for our Christmas Eve Party and to take with me to work in the morning.

 This is a picture of me and Matt on our porch. Just a little accumulation :)





Having a little snow ball fight! The snow wasn't the greatest for making snow balls though...it was a little dry!

Look how much snow is on top of our mailboxes!! Crazy.


I love how our house looks all covered in snow
Another nice thing about the snow (besides it putting me in a great mood because I love it!) is that you don't even need a refrigerater :) Just keep your milk in a little snow.

1 comment:

Krystal said...

That looks SNOW fun! ;)

Little Rock 10k and Half Marathon

 We say that we were going to Little Rock for the 10k and the half marathon races, but in reality, that is not entirely true. We used the ra...