04 October 2012

Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Muffins

I made these for breakfast this morning. I wanted something quick and easy that Matt could eat on his way to work without too much mess. These turned out really good! I changed the original recipe because I wanted a muffin that had more eggs and a little less bread. After making them, I think you could even add a couple more eggs to the recipe (although they were really good this way).

Sausage, Egg and Cheese Muffins

8oz breakfast sausage, browned
2 cups Bisquick (If you don't have Bisquick you can substitute using: 1 Cup flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 Tablespoon shortening, oil or melted butter...per cup of Bisquick needed)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 cup buttermilk
4 eggs
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Heat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together in bowl. Put dough in greased muffin tins. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

This recipe made 6 of the large muffins for me.


Here is the original recipe:
http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Country-Sausage-And-Cheese-Muffins-Recipezaar

No comments:

Little Rock 10k and Half Marathon

 We say that we were going to Little Rock for the 10k and the half marathon races, but in reality, that is not entirely true. We used the ra...