12 December 2012

A Grace Disguised

I've been reading a book called "A Grace Disguised" by Jerry Sittser for a while now. It is a book about loss. The author lost his wife, daughter and mother in a car accident and he uses that tragedy to write about loss in general. He writes about how different people experience different loses differently. And describes how no loss is "greater" than any other, because it is all about the perspective and position in life of that specific person. I definitely recommend the read, even if you have no experienced "great loss".

Here are a couple of quotes I really like from the book. 

"Sorrow indicates that people who have suffered loss are living authentically in a world of misery, and it expresses the emotional anguish of people who feel pain for themselves or for others. Sorrow is noble and gracious. It enlarges the soul until the soul is capable of mourning and rejoicing simultaneously, of feeling the worlds pain and hoping for healing at the same time."

"To our shock and bewilderment we discover that there is a being in the universe who, despite our brokenness and sin, loves us fiercely. In coming to the end of ourselves, we have come to the beginning of our true and deepest selves. We have found the one whose love gives shape to our being. The tragedy pushed me towards God, even when I did not want him. And in God I found grace, even when I was not looking for it."


I miss Tyler. 

I wish so badly that he could know this new little baby.

1 comment:

Krystal said...

Oh Sarah, I'm sorry still for your deep loss. And other losses in your sweet life. I want to read that book!

Little Rock 10k and Half Marathon

 We say that we were going to Little Rock for the 10k and the half marathon races, but in reality, that is not entirely true. We used the ra...