16 May 2007

Will and Levi




My twin nephews were born yesterday morning! Their names are William Cotton and Levi Blake. Ever since Christmas I knew that this day would come and I knew that it would be bitter sweet. It was one of the happiest days of my life because I love those little boys so much. I had no idea that I would love them so dearly. But it was also a very sad day because I wish Tyler were here. I know that he would have loved to welcome these boys into the world. he talked about it all the time and was so excited about their birth. He would have been a great uncle. Just as he did with his younger siblings, he would have taken them out in the yard and taught them to play basketball, football, baseball, golf...and he would have made them always feel so very special. The times when I miss him the most are the times when things are so happy. When good things happen I always want him here to experience them with us. He always made situations that much more special just by being there. I still miss him so deeply and know that I always will. In everything that happens in life I will miss him. I know he is in a better place...but I miss him more deeply than I knew was possible. But I know that he would have taught these boys so much and he loves them so much.

These boys are a blessing in ours lives!

2 comments:

TKP said...

I liked this post. Thanks for sharing how it's amazing and yet bittetsweet to have the twins here.

bernitasheets1955 said...

I could not have said it better. I was so elated to see the twins but I had to walk down the hallway to cry for my son who I will never hold in my arms again in this life.

Little Rock 10k and Half Marathon

 We say that we were going to Little Rock for the 10k and the half marathon races, but in reality, that is not entirely true. We used the ra...