21 December 2007

Dec. 21


today is the 1 year anniversary of a day that none of us will ever be able to forget. as my sister terah said, even though we hate the grief and more than anything do not want to have to continue to live each day in sorrow, we also do not want to stop grieving because that means that we are forgetting. i would rather live everyday the rest of my life in some form of sorrow than ever in any way forget the amazing person that my brother was.

on this day two of our dear friends kate and summer gave us a gift that we will cherish from now on. they took pictures of ty and the fam and different tshirts, jeans and other pieces of clothing of his and made them into a quilt. it is a gift that we can literally wrap around us in times of grief and sorrow. what an amazing gift to help us remember tyler.

i know that i will never forget him, but my fear is that others might. it is so hard to meet new people and have them meet our family and not know tyler. tyler was such a unique individual that stories do not do his amazing life justice. so it is very difficult to meet those new people and know that now matter what, they will never truly understand the magnitude of tyler's impact.

on this day i remember tyler, as i do everyday.

2 comments:

TKP said...

I will not forget Tyler, even though I have never known him in person. You are an amazing sister and helping all of us know him.

Chels said...

I'll never forget Tyler. The Sheets 10 are as close to family as the Mayfields get and I promise I will never forget. I like to think he's holding sweet Copeland up in Heaven, giving her the love she needs still her famiy s beside her again. I love you guys! Thank you for your honesty....

Little Rock 10k and Half Marathon

 We say that we were going to Little Rock for the 10k and the half marathon races, but in reality, that is not entirely true. We used the ra...