Tonight Shelley and I were going to bed when Gini walked in and the three of us started talking. Then Ben walked in and sat down on the bed too. The four of us just sat there and talked about random things for about an hour. As we were sitting there talking I got an overwhelming emotion of missing Tyler. Ty and Ben's room is right across the hall from Gini, Shelley and Cori's, so whenever the girls would go to bed the boys would come in and say goodnight and many nights a conversation would start. This was a time that was so special to the girls. They loved it when Tyler would make a point to take time before bed to just sit on the edge of their bed and talk. Or if he was in a goofier mood he would just come in to flip the lights on and off numerous times. Or he would come in over and over and over again to say goodnight just to annoy them (and in his own special way make them feel so loved). As we sat there and talked tonight I could hardly keep my focus on the conversation and the tears out of my voice. I just wanted to curl up on the bed and cry. His presence is missed so much everyday. It is missed in the little things that seemed so small and insignificant and he is missed in the big things that we wish we could go back to. The grief and pain can come on so suddenly and be so overwhelming. His presence in a room made the room seem so much brighter and warmer. His humble character made everyone feel special and wanted. It is amazing to me that we still breath. It is amazing to me that I have days where I am happy. It is amazing to me that I am able to get out of bed everyday and somehow function on a somewhat "normal" level. In the past whenever I knew someone that had lost a loved one I never truly understood that it is a lifelong battle with grief, sorrow, and pain. It is something that never completely heals. Your heart is forever changed. And I never understood that with every new memory you create you are only reminded that he is not there to share in it. There are so many things that we all think, "oh Ty would have that that was funny" or "Ty would have said such and such here" or "Tyler would have good advise about that". And even though we remember him everyday and we will never forget him it is so hard to make new memories without him. Some days are better than others. But I miss him everyday. The grief weighs heavy on my heart tonight, as I was so vividly reminded again of his absence.
Even though I still have so many questions and so many doubts and uncertainties when it comes to God, I am so thankful that I have hope in Him. It is amazing to me that in spite of my questions and anger towards Him, He is still the one that I run to and cling to in the midst of it all.
"When life is heavy and hard to take, wait for hope to appear. Because the Master will not ever walk out and fail to return." -Lamentations 3:28-33
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Little Rock 10k and Half Marathon
We say that we were going to Little Rock for the 10k and the half marathon races, but in reality, that is not entirely true. We used the ra...
-
We continue to plug along! Baby #3 seems to be growing and healthy! Baby moves all the time and Adalynn finally got to feel kicking for the...
-
In Abilene the roof of my house was my escape. I went there to think. I went there to cry. I went there to study. It was a place where I f...
6 comments:
i love it when all of yall (and me) can just sit together and talk about 'nothing' for hours. it's during those times that i miss tyler the most though. he was always such a good listener, but then he would say the funniest thing to make everyone laugh.
i am glad that your family can be with you often. i know that they love being with you.
hey sarah...thanks for your words. I hope that I can hope that you have in times of grief and loss. you and your family provide so much joy for others..so i know your days will be full of joy even among the times of grief.
Sarah Jo, I feel the same.
Tears rolling down my face
Thanks, Sarah, for posting about Tyler. I know it does you the most good, but it's good for the hearts of lots of others of us too. Shedding tears with y'all....
Thanks, also, for posting about the hope we have because of Jesus. The perspective is beautiful, if heavy.
Hugs.
Sarah Jo- I clicked on your link from Amy Mlyneck's blog. It is fun to see others blogs! I am honored to read of this wonderful brother of yours. You have done a wonderful thing introducing Ty to those of us that did not have the earthly honor. One day . . . I'll have that opportunity . . . I'll tell him that I've read of him and how much he is loved.
Paula Yaussi, Udall, Kansas
Post a Comment