03 July 2009

Early May to Late June

It is so amazing what a little rain and a lot of sunshine can do to a place! Matt and I hiked Falls Creek Trail with some friends a few days before he left for Guam in early May. And then, a few days ago, my friend Anna and I hiked this same trail again. I thought it was beautiful the first time I hiked it. But now it is simply breathtaking! The way that everything has turned so green is stunning!

See for yourself. These are pictures from Matt and my hike in May:


And these are pictures from a few days ago on that same trail with Anna!



What an amazing place that I get to live. I do not always appreciate it, because some days it is really hard to be so far from my family. As I think I have said before, it is hard to be in a place where I am around people that never knew Tyler. Even Matthew didn't ever know Ty. So, it is very hard in that sense. Sometimes it feels like I am betraying Tyler because I am around people that don't even know that I miss him and think about him everyday. I know that I am not betraying him. I know that he is so happy and excited for me. I know that Matthew is an answer to not only his prayers, but the prayers of many! But it is hard to live in a place that Tyler never knew, with people that he never knew. ...I hope and pray that I will appreciate this beauty that I am surrounded by every day and that I will never let a day go by that I do not see God's glory in it!
"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the spirit."
~2 Corinthians 3:18

5 comments:

erin f. said...

That is amazing. You live in a remarkable place! I would love to see it in real life.

It is always so sweet to hear your thoughts on Tyler, and I know he is on your mind every day, all the time. The fact that so many remember him makes him a part of these new experiences.

I'm glad to know you don't have much longer until Matthew is home!

Candy said...

This is one of my favorite verses. What beauty surrounds you! One of the most beautiful is Tyler's spirit. I see him in and around you all the time. Right alongside God. You are a truly remarkable person, Sarah. Love you.

TKP said...

Love it. Keep this stuff coming!

Kate said...

Those pictures are beautiful! It really is breathtaking.

Shannon Burton said...

So beautiful! I want to be transformed into his likeness too.... love you, shannon

Little Rock 10k and Half Marathon

 We say that we were going to Little Rock for the 10k and the half marathon races, but in reality, that is not entirely true. We used the ra...