18 September 2009

Quick Update

Matthew was supposed to be coming home tomorrow morning at 9:00am. He called me on Sunday and told me the details of when and where to pick him up. I was so excited to have a specific date and official time to pick him up! Then he called me on Tuesday with bad news. The plans had changed and he was not getting to come home on Saturday. So, now we have no idea when he will come home. It will be sometime on or before October 6th. I am hoping for before then, but I am realistically expecting to not have him home until October 6th. Matt's birthday is September 22, so I am very bummed that I do not get to be with him on his birthday. And, I had planned a birthday camping trip with two other couples on September 25-27 that we will not get to do now...but we will just have to celebrate when he gets home!

I am so blessed to have Devin and Sarah still living with me! I don't know how I would have handled that sad news without having them here with me! It is so fun having them live with me. It is nice to have someone who cooks dinner and cleans up the dishes and days that I work and it is fun to have someone to cook dinner for on days that I don't work. Matt and I are so blessed by their friendship, and we look forward to getting to live in the same town with them for the next few years!

AND, today is Mama's birthday! I wish that I could be in Texas to celebrate with her. I could not ask for a more amazing mom. She is always completely selfless. She is so thoughtful and encouraging. While Matt has been gone she has always been sure to call me often and make sure that I am doing okay. She and Papa came to visit me a few weeks ago to make sure that I didn't get to lonely without Matthew here. And, she and Papa let me use their American airline miles to go see Matt in Guam back in July! Mama has always been such a Godly example of what a wife and mother should be. I am so blessed to have her example to follow and her words of encouragement and wisdom. Happy birthday, Mama. I love you!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Praying that your days fly by until Matt gets home. So sorry he keeps getting delayed.
And Happy Birthday to your Mama! :)

Alison said...

sorry the plans had to change. i will be praying for an even sweeter reunion to follow on (OR BEFORE!) october 6th.

erin f. said...

I'm so sorry, I know that has got to be so hard...I'm praying this time goes by so fast for you.

Anonymous said...

Ughh--I HATE that for you guys that he won't be home for a little bit longer :( but you are handling it like a champ--and thank goodness for good friends to occupy your time until he does finally get to come home! I'll be praying that he comes home sooner than October 6th!

JeremyNSunny said...

Sarah! This blog was awful for me to read because it was a FLASHBACK!! Jeremy was overseas the six final months of our nine month engagement. He was supposed to get back to the states two weeks before our wedding, but a typhoon changed that plan and he didn't get back 'til a week before, and to Bozeman 'til TWO DAYS BEFORE OUR WEDDING!! Our best man and one of our groomsmen didn't arrive 'til the MORNING OF.... The military sure jerks folks around sometimes. It's tough to put up with, but makes the times together that much warmer.

Hang in there!! Keep countin' those days! I promise God hasn't slowed down the time in your world, even tho' it feels like it. Your day WILL come. :)

Little Rock 10k and Half Marathon

 We say that we were going to Little Rock for the 10k and the half marathon races, but in reality, that is not entirely true. We used the ra...