28 July 2010

Renewal and Transformation

I bought this dresser at Salvation Army for $13! I think one of my favorite things to do is find ugly, beat up things at thrift stores and fixing them up to make them usable and cute again.

This is the before picture. My camera battery was dead, so I had to take this picture with my phone...thus the quality is not the best. The dresser actually doesn't look too bad in this picture. But trust me, the picture does not do it justice...it was very scratched up and ugly :)

It also had these really deep scratches in it that were nearly impossible to completely sand away.

But now. With a lot of sanding. Some paint. And some new handles it is so cute!



I believe that this is what God does. He finds us when we are all beat up, worn down, and broken. He sands away our scars (which can be painful), then he gives us his Holy Spirit and makes us like new again. He sees the potential in us that most would never see.

"It wasn't so long ago that we ourselves were foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another. But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior. God's gift has restored our relationship with him and given us back our lives and our hope." ~Titus 3:7

3 comments:

Jaci said...

It's very cute! I really need to get going on our dining room table and chairs. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Candy said...

That is exactly what God did for me Sarah! The dresser looks great! You're so talented!!

The Rouse House said...

It's beautiful! You should do a tutorial on how you transformed it. I might have the guts to try it if I saw step by step instructions!

Little Rock 10k and Half Marathon

 We say that we were going to Little Rock for the 10k and the half marathon races, but in reality, that is not entirely true. We used the ra...