26 July 2010

South Fork Trail/Dip-netting on the Kenai

These pictures are in really random order. But it takes so long to rearrange them that I am not going to. :) Matt has been gone for a little over two weeks now. Since he has been gone I have been keeping my self very busy! I have been clamming at Deep Creek with some friends from work. It was raining the whole time we were clamming so I don't have any pictures from that. But it was so much fun!! And, I made some delicious clam chowder with the clams we got that day. Then I went hiking at South Fork trail with Sarah and a friend from work. The next day Sarah and I hiked Harp Mountain with our friend Anna (and her sweet daughter Jenna)...I don't have any pictures from that hike. And that weekend we drove down to the Kenai and went dip-netting. Basically you have a GIANT net with a REALLY long pole and you shove the net out into the ocean (into the strong current) and wait for a fish to swim into the net. It was really hard to hold the net in place, I was really strong enough to do it...so I personally did not catch any fish. But it was fun nonetheless! There was a possibility Matt was going to be home today. But he got delayed. So, possible he'll be home tomorrow...but we'll see! :)








No comments:

Little Rock 10k and Half Marathon

 We say that we were going to Little Rock for the 10k and the half marathon races, but in reality, that is not entirely true. We used the ra...