07 April 2011

Sweet Potato Moose Soup


I had some moose meat thawed out that I needed to use and was really craving some sweet potatoes. So, I googled those ingredients and this is the recipe that came up (I changed it a little bit).

1 lb moose meat (or ground beef)
4 sweet potatoes, cooked (pureed or chunks)
2 cans chicken broth
1 can coconut milk
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic
2 cups celery, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Saute onion, garlic, and celery (using olive oil). Add ground beef, cook until beef is done. Put in stock pot and add chicken broth, coconut milk and sweet potatoes. (and salt and pepper to taste). Bring to boil and let simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour. 

I cooked brown rice and served this over brown rice, but you can also eat it by itself. i thought it turned out great! I will definitely be making this again! 

I didn't take a picture of the final product because it didn't look that appetizing :)

No comments:

Little Rock 10k and Half Marathon

 We say that we were going to Little Rock for the 10k and the half marathon races, but in reality, that is not entirely true. We used the ra...