07 November 2011

Chicken Curry

We have found that we thoroughly enjoy some Thai food! The other night I made Thai Chicken Curry that turned out fantastic. I didn't ever eat curry growing up because Mama doesn't really like curry, therefore she didn't make it that often. Actually I don't remember her ever making it :) But, my memory could be flawed! Anyway. I made this recipe up, and Matthew and I both loved it! 

Thai Chicken Curry
1/2 bag grilled & ready frozen chicken breast strips
1 onion, chopped
1 pepper, chopped (I used an orange one)
1/2 bag frozen broccoli
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp red pepper (or as much as you want depending on how spicy you like it)
1 1/2 tsp yellow curry powder
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp ginger
1 14 oz can coconut milk
3 Tbsp sugar
salt to taste

Add all ingredients at one time to large skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low-medium, cover and let simmer for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Allow to sit and cool for about 10 minutes. Serve over white rice.

No comments:

Little Rock 10k and Half Marathon

 We say that we were going to Little Rock for the 10k and the half marathon races, but in reality, that is not entirely true. We used the ra...