22 June 2009

RoSeS fOr Me

Today was my day off work. I was doing a little cleaning and laundry, getting the house ready for Heather to get here on Wednesday because I work tomorrow and Wednesday and Heather gets here Wednesday night. As I was cleaning, the doorbell rang. I was suprised because I wasn't expecting anyone or anything. I went to the door and opened it to find a guy with some beautiful roses just for me from Matt! I have a wonderful husband that is so thoughtful. I am not much of a flower person usually. But, I just love surprises! This was a great one!


Matthew is enjoying his time in Guam for the most part. He was able to get scuba certified and has gotten to go scuba diving a few times. And he has gotten to eat at some great sushi restaurants. He loves sushi, so this has been fun for him. Matt had never really gotten to do much traveling outside of the US. So, this has been a fun adventure for him. Although he, of course, wishes that I were there with him...and since he has now been gone for over 7 weeks, he is getting really ready to come back home! Only 24 days until I get to go there and spend two weeks hanging out with him! And then about 6 weeks after that he comes home!


Wow! It is gorgeous there. I cannot wait to go!

So, as I said. Heather is coming to see me on Wednesday. She will be here until Monday! Today is her last day of call/work in Baltimore, Maryland and she starts work in Burmingham, Alabama on July 1. During her small amount of time off she is coming to see me! We are hopefully going to go fishing in Seward on Thursday. A friend from church has a boat and is going to take us out on it to fish! And we are going to try to go clam digging on Saturday with a friend from work. And then on Sunday I think we are going to go camping, biking, hiking, and kayaking on/near lake Eklutna! I am so excited to see her and to get out and enjoy some summer activities with her!
Matthew and my friend's, Devin and Sarah, are moving here this summer from Arizona! They are planning to leave AZ to drive up here in the next week or so. We are so excited to have them move here! They are some of our best friends and it will be so fun to have them up here to share in this adventure with us!
So...lots of exciting things happening in the next 24 days before I go see Matthew in Guam!

5 comments:

Shannon Burton said...

Yah Matt! They are beautiful. I know you will have a great time with Heather! Hang in there...you're doing such a great job. Love you!

Candy said...

You have quite an amazing life going on there, Sarah! Never a dull moment! Matt is so dadgum sweet and yes! Guam looks beautiful! I can't wait to see photos from Heather's visit. And then Guam!

alisonthompson said...

so, I haven't done just an amazing job of keeping up with your blog, so I just read several posts. I will be praying that Matthew's time in Guam continues to be fun and that your time apart is filled with peace. all of your pictures are just amazing, and it looks like you've really been blessed with some amazing family time. praying for you as you journey through life!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have friends moving to Alaska this summer!! I know Tennessee isn't even half as far away from "home" as Alaska, but having friends here has made it so much easier. Hope you and Heather have a wonderful weekend together! Beautiful roses by the way!

Anonymous said...

Tell Matt Hello for us when you see him! Miss you both,
Krystal and Brad

Little Rock 10k and Half Marathon

 We say that we were going to Little Rock for the 10k and the half marathon races, but in reality, that is not entirely true. We used the ra...