My sister-in-law, Whitney, pinned this recipe on pinterest tonight and I immediately had to get up off the couch and make some for myself right then. They turned out delicious. I did not have all the ingredients on hand, so I changed it just a bit.
Here is the way I made it:
1 very ripe banana
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 tablespoon sugar
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
3 tablespoons milk
1/2 rolled oats
3 tablespoons semi sweet chocolate chips
Mash ripe banana with baking powder. Add egg, butter, salt, vanilla, sugar and milk and stir together. Stir in oats and flour. Sprinkle in chocolate chips. Preheat skillet to medium heat. Scoop 1/4 of batter onto lightly greased skillet. Cook 2-4 minutes on each side -- until golden brown.
You can actually eat these just like they are, with nothing on them! I put some fresh strawberries and kiwi on mine and it was perfect.
Here is the original recipe: http://minimalistbaker.com/chocolate-chip-oatmeal-cookie-pancakes/
1 comment:
I don't think I would like chocolate chips in pancakes.
Post a Comment